Personal visits to Wacol, Ipswich and Gatton prisons suspended
Due to cases of COVID-19 in the community, personal visits have been suspended to the following Queensland prisons on the advice of the Chief Health Officer (CHO):
- Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre
- Brisbane Correctional Centre
- Borallon Correctional Centre
- Brisbane Women’s Correctional Centre
- Southern Queensland Correctional Centre
- Wolston Correctional Centre
This decision was made to protect the safety of prisoners and our officers.
All other visits, including legal, service provider and official visits will continue with appropriate social distancing.
Every person entering the prison will undergo health screening including thermal imaging, and new reception prisoners are subject to 14-day isolation protocols.
This suspension will be regularly reviewed in line with advice from the CHO.
Contact the correctional centre or see our Information for Families page to find out about other ways you can talk to a prisoner.